Ryan D. Johnson, MD
Dr. Johnson provides comprehensive eye care with a focus on tailoring treatments to his patient’s individual needs. He has a special interest in cataract surgery as well as refractive surgery including LASIK and PRK. Using the latest technology including premium intraocular lens implantation, Dr. Johnson strives to provide the best possible visual outcomes for his patients. Dr. Johnson also provides routine eyecare for macular degeneration, diabetic eye care as well as medical and surgical glaucoma management.
Dr. Johnson was born and raised in the Twin Cities. He graduated with honors from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. He stayed in Wisconsin to complete his medical school and residency training at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Throughout his training, Dr. Johnson has co-authored multiple scientific papers published in peer-reviewed journals. He was awarded the Jack C. Copeland award for best Resident Research Day presentation.
In his free time, Dr. Johnson enjoys spending time with his wife skiing, hiking, and fly fishing. He is excited to be back in Minnesota providing care in the communities that he grew up in.
Dr. Johnson provides care at the Edina Eye offices in Edina, Burnsville, and Chaska offices.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- Undergraduate: University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Medical Degree: Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Internship: Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Residency: Medical College of Wisconsin Eye Institute, Milwaukee, Wisconsin