Christopher D. Stefonowicz, M.D.
Dr. Stefonowicz is a fellowship trained, glaucoma specialist who specializes in cataract surgery and surgical glaucoma care. He enjoys working with patients to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to their individual needs. Advancing technologies are rapidly changing in the field of surgical glaucoma and Dr. Stefonowicz incorporates the latest devices and techniques to offer the best possible care for his patients. Aside from glaucoma care, Dr. Stefonowicz enjoys a comprehensive practice providing comprehensive evaluation and treatment of all eye conditions.
Dr. Stefonowicz grew up in Lakeville, MN and attended The University of St. Thomas, were he graduated with honors. He went on to complete medical school at Loyola University Chicago- Stritch School of Medicine followed by residency at The University of Kansas. After residency, he completed his glaucoma fellowship at The Storm Eye Institute at The Medical University of South Carolina. He is excited be back in his home state to provide excellent care to the great people of Minnesota.
Outside of work Dr. Stefonowicz stays active with his wife, Allison, and their 4 kids. He is an avid Minnesota Vikings fan and enjoys spending time outdoors with his family.
- American Academy of Opthalmology
- Undergraduate: University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN
- Medical Degree: Loyola University Chicago – Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Residency: University of Kansas, Kansas City, KS
- Glaucoma Fellowship: Storm Eye Institute at The Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC